Two weeks of Diving the Bligh Water of Fiji
Sept 20-Oct 4, 2023
VoliVoli Beach Resort in Fiji
The Bligh Water is very large passage between the two main islands of Fiji. Deep upwellings provide a steady supply of nutrients and the changing tides between the islands creates a lot of water movement. The result is an area containing 80 dive sites that are visited only by the Naia Liveaboard and Volivoli Resort. The dives sites feature walls, canyons, ledges, arches, swim throughs, patch reefs, and pinnacles. The marine life includes ornate ghost pipe fish, frog fish, sea horses, schooling jacks & barracuda, sharks, and myriads of colorful Anthias.
This trip is all about enjoying world class dive sites with like minded people. What makes the Bligh Water so special is the abundance of colorful soft corals, amazing hard coral gardens, and lots of colorful fish.
There are plenty of flights to Fiji from the mainland, and weekly options from Hawaii. Currently the cost from LA to Fiji is $995.00
I have been to VoliVoli several times and trust the captains, and crew to find the best dive site based conditions. These guys are sensitive to the tides and currents and dedicated to taking us the right sites at the right time. The dive boats are kept in good shape, and the rental gear is the best I've used while traveling. The resort itself is lovely and the restaurant offers a full service menu.
There are five requirements for this trip.
- You must have six months left on your passport.
- You must also have DAN or other evacuation insurance.
- You must have trip insurance. This way you are covered. I have been doing these trips a long time and have seen a lot both things. Insurance is the best way to protect yourself.
- You will likely need a Covid test within three days of arrival in Fiji, and prior to departure. This is done at resort for your convenience.
- You will need a vaccination card to enter Fiji.
Interested divers need to send a deposit of $100 along with all of their information. The deposit and information will be forwarded to the resort and they will coordinate billing.