My goal is to create portraits that evoke emotional responses. Photography has an incredible power to communicate and tell a story within the frame of a landscape, underwater, or family portrait.
My career started at the bottom, as my first photographs were created underwater back in 1988. Since then, I have photographed over 1,500 families, earned a Master of Photography Degree, received more than 40 international awards, been featured in museums, published in books & magazines, and produced two short educational videos for children. While I love photographing families, creating landscape and underwater portraits, I have a special passion for whales.
2016, I opened Koholā Gallery and featured my landscape and underwater work. Sadly the gallery closed in 2020 due to Covid.
- 1989 PADI Dive Master
- 1993 PADI Scuba Instructor
- 1994 2nd and 3rd place Manado
- Indonesia International Photography Competition
- 2nd place Ambon Indonesia International Photography Competition
- 1995 Governors Cup, Best of Show, First place Ambon International Photography Competition
- 1996 Australian Underwater Photographer of the Year for video
- 1998 Inducted into International Museum of Photographic Authors in San Diego
- 2011 Bronze Photographer of the Year PPA
- 2012 Liquid Capture International Competition First & Second place
- Exhibit at Oceanside Museum of Art
- Master of Photography Degree PPA
- 2016 Opened Koholā Gallery. Sadly the gallery closed in 2020 due to Covid.
- 2018 Produced Why Whales Matter”, a children’s educational short video.
- 2019 Produced “Why Turtles Matter”, a children’s educational short video.
- 2020 “Bubbles”, Highly Commended at Art Maui 2020
Since 2006, I have organized photography trips around the world to observe and photograph whales in the wild. Throughout my career, I have provided images to Dr. Jane Goodalls’ online education program, Whale Dolphin Conservation Society, Humane Society International, Pacific Whale Foundation, and Whale Trust.